Wild Flower Slots
Australian slot provider, Big Time Gaming, is back with a bang after a period where its focus seemed to be set upon expanding its Megaclusters series. The developer’s latest release, Wild Flower, is a throwback to the time when releases such as Danger! High Voltage and Lil’ Devil were on the tips of every player’s tongue. Yet this new offering incorporates everything that made those titles immense hits but also breathes new life into the subgenre via new and exciting features.
Like its predecessors, Wild Flower serves up a 6-reel, 4-row online slot with 4,096 ways to win. It draws upon the similar free spins model, where you have 2 separate modes to choose from, and also includes the opportunity to trigger enhanced versions of each bonus round. There’s also a staggering maximum win of over 114,000x your stake up for grabs!
You can check out the game’s key features below before diving into our full Wild Flower review:
- Reels: 6
- Rows: 4
- Paylines: 4,096
- RTP: 96.52%
- Volatility: High
- Max Win: 114,000x
- Features: Free Spins, Multipliers, Enhanced Free Spins
Wild Flower Features
One thing that has long set BTG apart from its rivals is the provider’s ability to create unique slot features. Unsurprisingly, Wild Flower includes a variety of base game features such as wilds and scatters, along with multiple free spins modes that offer an alternative between increasing multipliers and random symbol sticky wilds.
You’ll discover that there are 2 separate wild symbols within the base game. As always, these substitute for regular paytable symbols to help create winning combinations. However, they also each have specific modifiers that can improve your payouts even further.
- Ice Wilds: The Ice Wild symbol can appear on reels 2-5. When it does, it will expand to cover all positions of that reel.
- Flower Wilds: The Flower Wild can also land on reels 2-5. In this case, though, these carry special multipliers that can improve all wins. Land more than 1 Flower Wild and the multipliers will multiplier together to create even larger wins!
The Scatter symbol is key to unlocking the free spins on Wild Flower. You’ll need to land 3 during a single spin to trigger the main feature. There is also a Mega Scatter symbol on reel 6. If this lands in conjunction with a feature trigger, you’ll activate the enhanced versions of the free spins features.
Wild Flower Free Spins and Bonus
In total, Wild Flower comes with 4 free spins features – 2 regular variants and 2 enhanced versions. Hit 3 regular Scatters during the base game and you’ll receive an option between the following free spins modes:
- Multiplier Ladder Free Spins: Begins with 12 free spins. Each win that you receive during the feature moves you 1 step along the multiplier ladder, increasing your overall win multiplier. Landing 3, 4, 5 or 6 scatters during the bonus and you’ll earn an additional 8, 12, 16 or 20 free spins respectively.
- Sticky Wild Free Spins: Begins with 7 free spins. A random symbol is chosen to become the Sticky Wild before the feature starts. Whenever this symbol lands on reels 2-5, it turns wild and remains in place for the duration of the bonus. Fill an entire reel with wilds to earn 3 extra free spins.
Now, if you trigger free spins with the help of the Mega Scatter on reel 6, you can select either of the enhanced versions of the bonus modes:
- Heart Beats Faster: Like its regular counterpart, you’ll start with 12 free spins. Whenever a wild symbol is part of a win, the next wild to land will display increased multipliers. Here, the multipliers can reach 500x, 600x, 700x and 800x making huge wins a distinct possibility.
- The Most Beautiful Thing: Again, you’ll start with 7 free spins. The difference here though is that whenever a wild lands on top of an existing sticky wild, it will transform into a 2x wild. If it occurs again, it will increase to a 3x multiplier.
Wild Flower Theme and Symbols
Fans of previous BTG slots will instantly recognise where Wild Flower draws its inspiration from. There’s little to no deviation from the layout, reel system and aesthetics that were used in Danger! High Voltage and Lil’ Devil, so if you’ve played either of those releases you should know what to expect.
Symbol-wise, BTG has opted to utilise the same 9-A royals to depict smaller wins, whilst the new premiums are portrayed by paw prints, stars, wolves and a female character, giving this slot an overall Red Riding Hood feel.
Wild Flower RTP and Volatility
Wild Flower comes with a 96.52% RTP (Return to Player), which sits slightly above the industry average for an online slot. However, it’s also classified as a high volatility release, which means gameplay tends to favour infrequent large wins over small consistent payouts.
Ultimately, the combination of these elements results in a slot game that can cause big swings in your account balance but also one that has the potential to pay dividends in the long term.
How To Play Wild Flower
Gameplay unfolds across 6 reels, 4 rows and 4,096 ways to win. Provided you land between 2 or 3 matching symbols in any position on adjacent reels, depending upon the symbol, you’ll receive a payout.
All of the slot’s key functions are located on the right-hand side of the game area. From there you can alter your stake between the £0.10 minimum bet and £20 maximum bet, enable autoplay and check paytable information.
After spending some time building upon its latest innovation, Megaclusters, Big Time Gaming has chosen to return to once familiar territory. It’s a decision that we’re confident is going to receive great plaudits too. Wild Flower brings back familiar gameplay but also revitalises it via the adaptation of many features that propelled the likes of Danger! High Voltage and Lil’ Devil to the top of many player’s playlists.
Both the regular and enhanced free spins features offer players a reason to be excited, as they each have fantastic potential. However, triggering the mega variants is going to get the adrenaline pumping that bit more. Couple that with a 114,000x maximum win and it’s plain to see that BTG has created another hit – perhaps even a contender for an award, only time will tell.
Strong bonus elements
96.52% RTP – above average
114,000x maximum win
Not all casino games are high-paying – but this article looks at those that …
Everything you ever wanted to know about RTP is revealed here!
MyVegas is a gaming app for Facebook, Android, and iPhone through which you can play …